1. 沒有規矩不成方圓 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards.
2. 每逢佳節倍思親 On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one's dear ones far away.It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
3. 謀事在人成事在天 The planning lies with man, the outcome with Heaven. Man proposes, God disposes.
4. 弄巧成拙 be too smart by half; Cunning outwits itself
5. 拿手好戲 masterpiece
6. 賠了夫人又折兵 throw good money after bad
7. 拋磚引玉 a modest spur to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale
8. 破釜沉舟 cut off all means of retreat;burn one‘s own way of retreat and be determined to fight to the end
9. 搶得先機 take the preemptive opportunities
10. 巧婦難為無米之炊 If you have no hand you can't make a fist. One can't make bricks without straw.
11. 千里之行始於足下 a thousand-li journey begins with the first step--the highest eminence is to be gained step by step
12. 前事不忘後事之師 Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future.
13. 前人栽樹後人乘涼 One generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests.One sows and another reaps.
14. 前怕狼後怕虎 fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind hesitate in doing something
15. 強龍難壓地頭蛇 Even a dragon finds it hard to control a snake in its old haunt - Powerful outsiders can hardly afford to neglect local bullies. 47.強強聯手 win-win co-operation
16. 瑞雪兆豐年 A timely snow promises a good harvest.
17. 人之初性本善 Man's nature at birth is good.
18. 人逢喜事精神爽 Joy puts heart into a man.
19. 大開眼界 open one's eyes; broaden one's horizon; be aneye-opener
20. 國泰民安 The country flourishes and people live in peace
21. 過猶不及 going too far is as bad as not going far enough; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little
22. 功夫不負有心人 Everything comes to him who waits.
23. 好了傷疤忘了疼 once on shore, one prays no more
24. 好事不出門惡事傳千里 Good news never goes beyond the gate, while bad news spread far and wide.
25. 和氣生財 Harmony brings wealth.
26. 活到老學到老 One is never too old to learn. 20.既往不咎 let bygones be bygones
27. 金無足赤人無完人 Gold can't be pure and man can't be perfect.
28. 金玉滿堂 Treasures fill the home.
29. 腳踏實地 be down-to-earth
30. 腳踩兩隻船 sit on the fence
31. 君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green
32. 老生常談陳詞濫調 cut and dried, cliché
33. 禮尚往來 Courtesy calls for reciprocity.
34. 28.留得青山在不怕沒柴燒 Where there is life, there is hope.
35. 馬到成功 achieve immediate victory; win instant success
36. 名利雙收 gain in both fame and wealth
37. 茅塞頓開 be suddenly enlightened
38. 愛屋及烏 Love me, love my dog.
39. 百聞不如一見 Seeing is believing.
40. 比上不足比下有餘 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best, but be better than the worst.
41. 笨鳥先飛 A slow sparrow should make an early start.
42. 不眠之夜 white night
43. 不以物喜不以己悲 not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personnal losses
44. 不遺餘力 spare no effort; go all out; do one's best
45. 不打不成交 No discord, no concord.
46. 拆東牆補西牆 rob Peter to pay Paul
47. 辭舊迎新 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new
48. 大事化小小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all