English famous words
1. There's more knows Tom Fool than Tom Fool knows.
2. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
3. The rotten apple injuries its neighbours.
4. The sacrifice of time is the costliest of all sacrifices.
5. The scalded cat fears cold water.
6. The sea complains it wants water.
7. The sea refuses no river.
8. The secret of a good momory is attention, and attention to a subject depends upon our interest in it. -- We rarely forget that which has made a deep impression on our minds.
9. The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportumity when it comes.
10. The secret of success is constancy of purpose.
11. The shortest answer is doing the thing.
12. The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.
13. The sky is not less blue because the blind man does not see it.
14. The sleeping fox catches no poultry.
15. The small courtesies sweeten life; the greater ennoble it.
16. The smiles of a pretty woman are the tears of the purse.
17. The soul is not where it lives, but it loves.
18. There is no paradise on earth equal to the union of love andd innocence.
19. There is no place like home.
20. There is no rose without a thorn.
21. There is no royal road to learning.
22. There is no smoke without fire.
23. There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
24. There is nothing which has not been bitter before being ripe.
25. There is nothing worse than apathy.
26. There is no time like the present.
27. There is no wealth like unto knowledge, for thieves cannot steal it.
28. Thereis no wool so white but a dyer can make it black.
29. There is safety in numbers.
30. The remedy for injuries is not to remember them.
31. The remedy is worse than the disease.
32. The remembrance of past sorrow is joyful.
33. There's as good fish in the sea as ever came out of it.
34. There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle.
35. There's many a slip between the cup and the lip.
36. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
37. The still sow eats up all the draff.
38. The style is the man.
39. The sun shines all alike.
40. The surest way to be happy is to be busy.
41. The sweetest grapes hang the highest.
42. The sweetest thing in life. Is the welocme of a wife.
43. The tail does often catch the fox.
44. The tailor makes the man.
45. The talent of success is nothing more than doing well whatever you do without a thought of fame.
46. The three foundations of learning: seeing much, burning much, and studying much.
47. The three things most difficult are, to keep a secret, to forget an injury, and to make good use of labour.
48. The tiger has once tasted blood is never sated with the taste of it.
49. The truths we least like to hear are those which it is most to our advantage to know.
50. The unrighteous penny corrupts the righteous pound.
51. The used key is always bright.
52. The virtue of a man ought to be measured not by his extraordinary exertions, but by his everyday conduct.
53. The voice is the best music.
54. The voice of one man is the voice of no one.
55. The voice of the people is the voice of God.
56. The water that bears the boat is the same that swallows it up.
57. The weakest goes to the wall.
58. The wealth of the mind is the only true wealth.
59. The wife is the key of the house.
60. The wine in the bolttle does not quench thirst.
61. The wisdom of nations lies in their proverbs, which are brief and pithy.
62. The wise man knows he knows nothing, but the fool thinks he knows it all.
63. The wise man's tongue is a shield, not a sword.
64. The wish is father to the thought.
65. The wolf has a winning game when the shepherds quarrel.
66. The wolf may lose his teeth, but never his nature.
67. The word "Impossible" is not in my dictionary.
68. The word once spoken can never be realled.
69. The work shows the workman.
70. The world is comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel.
71. The world is a ladder for some to go up and some down.
72. The world is but a little place, after all.
73. The worst men often give the best advice.
74. The worst misfortunes are these that never hzppen.
75. The worth of a thing is best known by the want of it.
76. They are never alone accompanied by noble thoughts.
77. They assume most who know the least.
78. They bray most that can do least.
79. They die well that live well.
80. They must hunger in frost that will not work in heat.
81. The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds, by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes, by instinct.
82. The wise hand doth not all that the foolish mouth speaks.
83. The wise man has long ears and a short tongue.
84. The wise man is always a good listener.
85. The tongue is but three inches long, yet it can kill a man six feet high.
86. The tongue is not steel yet it cuts.
87. The tongue of idle persons is never idle.
88. The tortosis wins the race while the hare is sleeping.
89. The truest politeness comes from sincerity.
90. They that live longest must die at last.
91. They that live longest see most.
92. They that marry in green, their sorrow is soon seen.
93. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
94. They who cannot do as they would, must do as they can.
95. They who live in a worry. Invite death in a hurry.
96. Things done cannot be undone.
97. Theings past cannot be recalled.
98. Theings present are judged by things past.
99. Things rashly taken end as ill.
100. Things unreasonable are never durable.
101. Think about the misforture of others that you may be satisfied with your own lot.
102. Think all you speak, but speak not all you think.
103. Thinking well is wise; planning well, wiser; doing well, wisest and best of all.
104. Think much, speak little, and write less.
105. Think of the devil and he's looking over your shoulders.
106. Those that make the best use of their time have none to spare.
107. Those who believe money can do everything are frequently prepared to do everything for money.
108. Those who climb high often have a fall.
109. Those who complain most are most to be complained of.
111. Those who eat best and drink best often do worst.
112. Thos who eat most are not always fattest; those who read most, not always wisest.
113. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
114. Those who work deserve to eat; those who do not work deserve to starve.
115. Though a lie be well dressd, it is ever overcome.
116. Though malice may darken truth, it cannot put it out.
117. Though the fox run, the chicken hath wings.
118. Though the wound be healed yet a scar remains.
119. Though thy enemy seem a mouse, yet watch him like a lion.
120. Thought is the seed of action.
121. Though you cast out nature with a fork, it will still return.
122. Three removes are as bad as a fire.
123. Three things soon pass away; the echo of the woods, the rainbow of and woman's beauty.
124. Thrift is good revenue.
125. Think today and speak tomorrow.
126. Think with the wise, but talk with the vulgar.
127. This world belongs to the energetic.
128. Thoroughly to teach another is the best way to learn for yourself.
129. Through obedience learn to command.
130. Throw away the apple because of the core.
131. Thy friend has a friend and thy friend's friend has a friend so be discreet.
132. Time and tide wait for no man.
133. Time and words can never be recalled.
134. Time cures all things.
135. Time leaves all things.
136. Time does not bow to you,, you must bow to time.
137. Time flies.
138. Time is money.
139. Time is money, but money is not time.
140. Time marches on.
141. Time past cannot be called back again.
142. Time past never returns, amoment lost, lost for ever.
143. Time reveals all things.
144. Time tames the strongest grief.
145. Time tries all.
146. Time tries truth.
147. Time works great changes.
148. Time works wonders.
149. Timid dogs bark most.
150. To a boiling pot flies come not.
151. To acquire wealth is difficult, to preserve it more difficult, but to spend it wisely most difficult of all.
152. To a crazy ship all winds are contrary.
153. To be angry with a weak man is a proof that you are not very strong yourself.
- Helpful and helpful
- Kafka's famous sayings
- Encourage students' famous words
- The famous saying of Lei Feng’s diary
- Einstein's famous sayings
- a famous saying of the value of life
- Mao Zedong's famous sayings
- Chinese dreams
- Sun Yat-sen's famous sayings
- The famous saying of Shakespeare's love
- Goethe's famous sayings
- a famous saying that overcomes difficulties
- a famous saying that overcomes difficulties
- Weibo's famous sayings
- Kobe's famous sayings
- Encourage words 2019
- Legal maxim
- Life motto
- Not afraid of failure
- Philosophical words 2019
- Diligent and beautiful words
- Parental love
- Space mood phrase
- Respect the teacher's famous words
- Motivate employees
- Hard work
- What I said to my father 2019
- Good sentence excerpt 2019
- Grateful mother's words
- Distressed sentence 2019
- 2014 motivational phrase
- Relieved words
- Tolerant quotes
- Blessing phrase
- Ideal famous saying
- Accumulated famous words
- Non-mainstream sentence 2019
- Honoring parents' famous words
- Hyun dance family impression sentence
- Spring Festival blessing