1. A woman's work is never done. Women's chores can never be done.
2. A wonder lasts but nine days. What's new, it's not a few days old.
3. A word to the wise is enough.
4. A work ill done must be twice done. Sloppy work, quasi rework
5. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
6. Achievement is founded on diligence and wasted upon recklessness.
7. Actions speak louder than words.
8. Adversity makes a man wise, not rich. Adversity increases talents without increasing wealth
9. After a storm comes a calm.
10. After dinner sit a while; after supper walk a mile. After a meal, a hundred steps, longevity
11. All are not friends that speak us fair. It’s not all friends who say good things in person.
12. All his geese are swans.
13. All is not gain that is got into the purse. Not all of the money is put into the wallet.
14. All lay loads on a willing horse. Good horses are burdened by All roads lead to Rome.
15. All that glitters is not gold. The glitter is not necessarily gold
16. All things are difficult before they are easy.
17. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Only work, no play, smart children become stupid. All good, everything is fine.
18. Among the blinds the one-eyed man is king. In the blind country, the one eye is called the king.
19. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. One apple is better than a doctor.
20. An empty sack cannot stand upright. Empty bag, stand up straight
21. An Englishman's house is his castle. The home of the British is an independent kingdom.
22. An evil lesson is soon learned.
23. An eye for eye and a tooth for a tooth. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth for a tooth.
24. Bad excuses are worse than none. Sophis is worse than not defending
25. Barking dogs seldom bite.
26. Be just before you are generous.
27. Beauty and folly are often companions. Beauty and stupidity often accompanied
28. Beauty is but skin-deep. Beauty is just a look.
29. Beggars' bags are bottomless.
30. Believe not all that you see nor half what you hear. Although you can’t believe in it, you can’t believe it.
31. Best is cheapest. Good goods are the cheapest
32. Better buy than borrow. Buy better than late.
33. Better go to heaven in rags than to hell in embroidery.
34. Better late than never. Better late than never.
35. Better lose the saddle than the horse.
36. Better the last smile than the first laughter. I would rather laugh at the end, not first ecstasy.
37. Better to wear out than rust out.
38. Between two stools you fall to the ground.
39. A bad workman always blames his tools.
40. A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield. The brave may fall, but will not yield.
41. A burnt child dreads the fire. A burnt child is afraid of seeing fire.
42. A constant guest is never welcome.
43. A contented mind is a perpetual feast.
44. A cracked bell can never sound well.
45. A drowning man will catch at a straw. When the drowning man is drowning, the straw will also catch
46. A fair death honors the whole life.
47. A fox may grow grey, but never good. Jiangshan is easy to change, the nature is difficult to move.
48. A friend in need is a friend in indeed.
49. A friend is easier to lose than found. It is easy to lose friends and make friends difficult.
50. A good beginning is half the battle. A good start is half of success.
51. A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever.
52. A good husband makes a good wife.
53. A good name is sooner lost than won.
54. A good wife is a good prize.
55. A good winter brings a good summer. Good winter will have a good summer
56. A house divided against internal cannot stand. The family is not good, everything is not good.
57. A lazy youth, a lousy age.
58. A little help is worth a deal of pity. A little help is better than a car sympathy.
59. A little is better than none.
60. A little learning is a dangerous thing.
61. A little pot is soon hot. The pot is small and hot, the amount is small and irritating
62. A living dog is worse than a dead lion. Dead lion is not as good as a live dog
63. A man can only die once. Life is only one death.
64. A man is known by his friends.
65. A man who has friends must show himself friendly. If you want to make friends, you have to be sincere.
66. A Merry heart goes all the way. Happy, everything goes well
67. A miss is as good as a mile.
68. A new broom sweeps clean. The new official took up three fires.
69. A penny saved is a penny earned.
70. A rolling stone gathers no moss. Rolling stones are not mossy
71. A secret between more than two is no secret.
72. A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner. A calm sea cannot create a skilled sailor.
73. A still tongue makes a wise head.
74. A stitch in time saves nine.
75. A straw will show which way the wind blows.
76. A tale never loses in the telling.
77. A thing of beauty is a joy for ever. A good thing, a good aftertaste
78. A thing you don't want is dear at any price.
79. A true jest is no jest. Real joke is not a joke
80. A useful trade is amine of gold. A skill is like a gold mine in hand
81. A willful man must have his way. As long as the person is constant, everything can be done.
82. Birds of a feather flock together.
83. Birth is much, but breeding is more. Education is more important than birth.
84. Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. Blessed are those who are hopeless, for they are never disappointed.
85. Blood is thicker than water. Blood is thicker than water.
86. Books and friends should be few but good. Buy books like friends should be less and fine
87. Brevity is the soul of wit.
88. Cheats never prosper.
89. Children and fools tell the truth. Children and fools, no scams in their mouths
90. Children should be seen but not be heard. Adults are talking, children don’t interrupt
91. Choose a wife by your ear rather than by your eye. Choose a wife by your ear rather than by your eye.
92. Circumstances alter cases. Specific analysis
93. Cleanliness is next to godliness. Neat and near virtue
94. Cloudy mornings give way to clear evenings.
95. Comfort is better than pride. Comfort is better than vanity.
96. Coming events cast their shadows before. The future will have a precursor
97. Constant dropping wears away a stone.
98. Content is better than riches. Content is better than riches.
99. Correct the mistakes if you have committed them, and avoid them if you have not.
100. Courtesy costs nothing. Courteous, no benefit
101. Cowards die many times before their deaths. The coward is going to die many times before he really gets angry.
102. Custom rules the law.
103. Cut your coat according to your cloth. D
104. Dead men tell no tales. The dead will not inform
105. Death is the great leveler. Everyone is equal before death. Death pays all debts.
106. Delays are dangerous.
107. Diamond cut diamond. Chess opponents, will encounter good talent
108. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
109. Do not count your chickens before they are hatched. Eggs are not hatched, don't count chicks first
110. Do not cry for the moon.
111. Do not cry out before you are hurt.
112. Do not keep all the eggs in one basket.
113. Do not rob Peter to pay Paul.
114. Do not try to teach your grandmother to such eggs.
115. Dog does not eat dog.
116. Doing nothing is doing ill. Doing nothing, doing bad things
117. Don't cut down the tree that gives you shade. Shade trees can't be cut
118. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Don't do anything that hurts people.
119. Don't quarrel with your bread and butter. Don't lick your own "rice bowl"
120. Don't put the cart before the horse.
121. Dreams go by contraries. Dreams are often contrary to reality
122. Dumb dogs are dangerous. Dumb dogs are dangerous.
123. Dying is as natural as living.
124. Early sow, early mow.
125. Early to bed, early to rise, make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. Sleep early, get up early, be smart, rich, good health
126. Easier said than done. It’s easier said than done.
127. East or west, home is best. East is good, West is good, or home is best.
128. Easy come, easy go. It’s easy to go fast
129. Eat to live, but not live to eat. People eat for life, not for food.
130. Empty vessels make the most noise.
131. Envy never enriched any man. Jealousy will never get rich
132. Even a worm will turn.
133. Every bean hath its black.
134. Every bird likes its own nest the best. Jinwo Yinwo is not as good as its own grass nest
135. Every cook praises his own broth.
136. Every dog has its day. Everyone has a proud day
137. Every little helps. The trickle is merged into the river, and the grain is filled with rice.
138. Every little makes a mickle.
139. Every man hath his weak side. Everyone has weaknesses
140. Every man is his won enemy.
141. Every why has a where fore.
142. Everybody's business is nobody's business.
143. Everything comes to him who waits. Wait patiently, everything goes
144. Everything is good when new, but friends when old.
145. Example is better than precept.
146. Experience is the best teacher. Experience is a good teacher.
147. Experience is the father of wisdom. Experience is the father of wisdom.
148. Experience must be bought. To gain experience, there is a price to pay.
149. Extremes are dangerous. Everything goes to extremes is dangerous F
150. Face to face, the truth comes out. Face to face, the truth comes out.
151. Facts speak louder than words. Facts speak louder than words
152. Failure teaches success. Failure is the mother of success
153. False friends are worse than bitterenemies. The friends of the mouth and the sword are worse than the enemies who are not in the sky.
154. Far from eye, far from heart.
155. Far water does not put out near fire. Far water does not save near bind, fast find.
156. Fine feathers make fine birds. Buddha wants gold, people want clothes
157. Fire and water are good servants, but bad masters. Water and fire are loyal servants and can also be disaster victims.
- a good sentence for the motherland
- Philosophical words 2019
- Legal maxim
- Sad sentence
- 2014 encourages the words of a lost person
- Youth maxim
- Diligent maxim
- The latest topic of chatting with girls
- Blessing Dad’s words
- Learning motivational maxims
- Life perception motto
- Putin's famous sayings
- Mandela’s famous words
- Dedicated good words
- Common English sentences
- English inspirational maxim
- Trusted quotes
- Save your boyfriend's words
- Missing childhood sentences
- Patriotic maxim
- Say goodbye
- Health maxim
- Boasting words 2019
- a famous saying that overcomes setbacks
- Youthful inspirational maxim
- MacArthur's famous sayings
- Funny quotes
- Life maxim
- Lincoln's famous sayings
- Thanksgiving maxim